The destroyed Venga village following a Tsunami Wednesday Feb. 6, 2013, in Temotu province, Solomon Islands. The damage seen is part the survey by the assessment crew of the aid organisation World Vision. Solomon Islands authorities say at least four people are missing and presumed dead after an earthquake triggered a tsunami. Waves of up to 5 feet hit the western side of Santa Cruz Island and damaged up to 80 properties. Dozens of aftershocks have followed. Other tsunami warnings are canceled. (AP Photo / World Vision)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. CONGRESS TO GET MEMOS ON TARGETING AMERICANS
The Justice Department will turn over classified documents describing the administration's rationale for drone strikes against U.S. citizens with al-Qaida ties.
2. CIA SECRETS MAY BE SECRET NO MORE
Senators at Brennan's confirmation hearing today are likely to delve into drones, covert bases and interrogation techniques.
3. VILLAGES WIPED OUT FROM SOUTH PACIFIC TSUNAMI
At least nine bodies, including a child's, were found in the sodden wreckage on the Solomon Islands, and five villages were decimated.
4. IRAN REJECTS NUCLEAR TALKS WITH US
"Talks will not solve any problems," Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on his website.
5. YAWNS GREET PLAN TO END SATURDAY MAIL DELIVERY
"It's not like anyone writes letters anymore," says James Valentine, an antiques shop owner in Toledo, Ohio.
6. AUTOPSY SCHEDULED FOR ALABAMA BUNKER SUSPECT
Authorities found no other explosives in the bunker where Jimmy Lee Dykes held a 5-year-old hostage.
7. GEARING UP FOR FIGHT OVER BOY SCOUTS' GAY BAN
The organization delayed its decision whether to throw out its policy excluding gays until May.
8. NORTHEAST BRACES FOR BIG BLIZZARD
The snow will start Friday morning and could dump 2 feet of snow in New England, which has seen mostly bare ground.
9. SALE PRICE OF A BASEBALL CARD FOUND AT A YARD SALE
The 148-year-old card of the Brooklyn Atlantics amateur baseball club sold at a Maine auction for $92,000.
10. WHAT NEW JERSEY GOVERNOR'S SAID TO DOC WHO WARNED ABOUT HIS WEIGHT
"Shut up," Chris Christie told ex-White House physician Connie Mariano, who said she worried he would die in office.
© 2013 The Associated Press.